10 Globe Asia’s Richest Indonesian People, Djarum’s Boss Is Still Top
Djarum boss is still the richest PEOPLE in Indonesia this year. Globe Asia Magazine places Robert Hartono (77) and Michael Hartono (78) in the list of the 150 richest people in Indonesia this year.
Reporting from Globe Asia, Thursday, July 26, 2018, consumption growth may slow down, but the banking industry recorded a growth of around 30 percent in terms of earnings earnings last year.
PT Bank Central Asia Tbk (BCA) shares increased from Rp. 18 thousand to Rp. 22 thousand. That, dramatically affected the wealth of the two brothers, who were the owners.
Meanwhile, the cigarette business which became the initial foundation of Hartono’s wealth also had a good performance. In addition, this family now has businesses in the fields of plantations and palm oil mills which have grown steadily over the past three years.
Hartono is known to also have a telecommunications infrastructure business through PT Tower Bersama. This family also has a car dealer business and technology, as well as e-Commerce through Blibli.com. Now, the Hartono family has a wealth of US $ 21 billion, equivalent to Rp300 trillion (exchange rate of Rp14,307 per US dollar).
Second place on the list, namely Eka Tjipta Widjaja. The Sinar Mas Group boss has a wealth of US $ 13.9 billion, equivalent to Rp.198.8 trillion. Then, the third position is occupied by Anthoni Salim (69), the boss of Indofood group with a total wealth of US $ 1.5 billion, equivalent to Rp164.5 trillion.
Following this, the list of the top 10 richest people in the Globe Asia version:
- Robert Hartono and Michael Hartono US $ 21 billion (Rp300 trillion)
- Eka Tjipta Widjaja US $ 13 billion (Rp.198.8 trillion)
- Anthony Salim US $ 11.5 billion (Rp164.5 trillion)
- Susilo WonoWidjojo US $ 11 billion (Rp. 157.3 trillion)
- Chairul Tanjung US $ 4.5 billion (Rp. 64.3 trillion)
- Sri Prakash Lohia US $ 4.5 billion (Rp. 64.3 trillion)
- Theodore P Rachmat US $ 4.5 billion (Rp. 64.3 trillion)
- Putera Sampoerna US $ 4.3 billion (Rp61.5 trillion)
- Sukanto Tanoto US $ 2.7 billion (Rp33.6 trillion)
- Dato Sri Tahir US2.15 billion (Rp30.7 trillion)